Hey everybody! I just wanted to pop in and say hi, since I didn’t get a chance to put this post up this weekend. (If anyone has tried to visit my site in the past several days, you may have noticed that it’s been unbearably slow. We still haven’t figured out the issue, despite my admin’s best efforts to hassle the host site into figuring out wtf is going on. So yeah, there may be a need to switch hosts in the very near future.)
This rewind is kind of a random one, since I’ve been a little all over the place (mentally and physically!) the past week or so. Some is food, some is not, and I’m keeping it short and sweet so I can run out the door to a poker game (and hopefully win some money to make up for the impulse purchase mentioned in #2).
1. I am so excited that I finally got to meet Eva of Adventures in Cooking this past weekend! We went to Montreal and braved crazy winds, some snow/hail, and a snotty counter girl at a crêpe stand to see some sights and eat some food (not crêpes). Then we went to my favorite restaurant for dinner, and my favorite bakery the next day. So much food and fun!
2. So apparently, hanging out with food friends and talking photography makes me a little camera crazy. And when I’m feeling crazy (and enjoying the freedom of a credit card that’s nearly paid off), I buy things like this. Because I like new toys, and being debt free is boring. (Seriously though, I’m so psyched!!)
3. SO curious about these roasted snap peas!
4. Love these cupping photos of Izy’s.
5. I desperately want to drink this.
6. This cobbler looks way.too.good.
7. These eggs are so ridiculously gorgeous. Also, I will eat that entire pizza.
8. I recognize more of these cats than these men. Still trying to decide how I feel about that.
9. And last but certainly not least, those of you that have been readers for a while may remember this brownie post and the giveaway my good friend Nicole did last year. She has another giveaway going on, and this one is for a style session/makeover, complete with ridiculously awesome photos taken by her talented boyfriend Clint. If you live in the NYC area (or are willing to make the trip), hop on over to her site and enter! (And even if you don’t happen to live in the area, you can transfer the gift to someone who does.) In addition to being awesome and knowledgeable, she’s silly and fun and a little bit mouthy, so I promise you’ll have a blast. :)