Roasted Mushrooms: A Guest Post (and more!)

The Best Roasted Mushrooms

Hi guys! Just popping in real quick to mention a few exciting RP-related things happening elsewhere this week. First off, I have a guest post up over at A Cup of Jo! I made one of my favorite bachelorette dinners for Joanna’s Eating Dinner Alone series. It’s roasted mushrooms with copious amounts of butter and garlic (best soaked up with half a baguette, obv).

Second, I am so flattered to be featured in Shelly’s Currently Lusting series this week! Shelly is one of my favorite food gals, and her blog Vegetarian Ventures is gorgeous and delicious — I was super psyched to know that the feeling is mutual! (P.S. I think being Blogger I Would Most Like To Get A Drink With could be my new favorite compliment.) ;)

And third, totally delighted to be Food & Wine’s Instagram Follow of the Week! (Um, do you guys remember when I didn’t even HAVE Instagram [that was like six months ago] and I totally felt like a “how-do-I-work-this-darned-technology?” old lady when I started using it? Hurray for progress!)

xo

Carey

mushrooms

Comments

Whoop whoop on the F&W feature! I’m still at the “how-do-I-work-this-darned-technology?” stage with instagram myself. You’ve given me hope :-) Also, lovely to see you on Twitter recently too! xx

Hehe! Instagram is so much fun once you get used to it. I’m kind of shocked that it’s turned into my favorite form of social media, especially since I resisted for so long. It’s much more casual and conversational. So glad to see you on there! :)

2. Meghan says

This looks SO delicious and I cannot wait to try it!

Also, don’t worry about instagram it takes some getting used to, but I see you got the hang of it.

Your photos are all so beautiful! :)

I love all the awesome things you’ve been doing lately! You are so talented, and it’s been so cool to see you gain recognition for your mad skills! Keep it up, girl! <3

One of my solo dinners has been a green pepper and mushroom stir fry. Mushrooms are great single lady food–simple to prepare, sophisticated in flavor…I have been loving them lately. Which is weird because I used to hate mushrooms! But this ups the game like whoa. Anything that involves half a freaking baguette is such a win.

Thanks, Brianne! And I definitely did NOT like mushrooms for most of my younger days. I don’t know when I changed my mind. Possibly when I ate a portobello burger back in my early vegetarian days. ;) (Also, I have a severe problem when it comes to baguettes. If there’s one in the house and no one around to judge me, I will find ways to eat the entire thing throughout the day.)

What Todd said – total rockstar! What sweet and well-deserved mentions. Congrats, Carey!! And oh how I love that opening shot of mushrooms, bread and a book..

Thanks, Alanna! That opening shot was a very interesting one to take — it made me realize just HOW rickety my tripod is as I precariously balanced it on the bench where I was shooting. Yiiikes.

Congrats on the guest post and feature! Those mushrooms look and sound incredible. Roasted veggies are one of my favorite things in the world — so simple, and so satisfying.

Also, I have to agree with Shelly — you are right at the top of my list of bloggers I’d like to have a drink with ;)